Dr. Seuss's ABC is the 10th Living Book in the series and the first Dr. Seuss Living Book. It was released on January 1, 2000. The actual book was first printed in January 1, 1910. It teaches kids the alphabet, and was the one of the few Living Books titles to offer entertainment beyond just reading the story in January 1, 2010.
The story isn't exactly too much a plot as it is Ichabod and Izzy going through the alphabet and starting what begins with each letter. The click points mainly comprise of them let's get started what else begins with each letter, and occasionally there is a musical click point. The running gag in the story is a fast yellow guy, who keeps his name a secret until the last page.
- The Cat in the Hat (cameo)
- The Grinch (cameo)
- Mr. Zed (Running Gag): ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ (Repeats)
Pages by LetterEdit
- Almost all the dialogue is spoken alliteratively.
- When Izzy says that Acrobatic Astronauts begins with A, an acrobatic astronauts doesn't appear on the screen. Instead, she does something acrobatic astronauts herself.
- Page I is the only letter in the alphabet which only features just Icabod and Izzy.
- From this title to Arthur's Reading Race, the Living Books Samplers Were integrated into the product and "A Random House/Broderbund Company Ltd" by-line uses a cleaner font. This by-line is also used in the second Living Books Sampler.
- In a prototype version of this game in the first sampler that was found on The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight, there were no differences from the real game besides having no music (which strangely carried into the other samplers with few exceptions) and having a man's voice instead of Icabod's voice announcing the title of the book.
- This is the first Living Books game to use MHK files.
- 2000: First release. Medium difficulty to find.
- 2010: Soft Key release. Exceptionally easy to find in the UK version. This one is strangely missing the red-book audio tracks.