Arthur's Reading Race is the number fifteenth Living Books PC CD-Rom Game from 1997 based on the 1996 book written by Marc Brown and the CD-Rom was released in February 17, 1997.
Arthur learns how to read several words at school and as he grows, he starts to read everywhere: in the car, in his bed, to his puppy, Pal, and even to his little sister, D.W.. One day in the garage, Arthur tries to teach D.W. how to read, but she insists that already knows how to. Then the two have a small argument, and Arthur tells D.W. to read ten different words around town to prove it so he will buy her an ice cream cone. D.W. agrees, and the kids run to the zoo with Pal, where Arthur points to a sign and asks D.W. what it says. D.W. replies with the word Zoo, and then the two see three more words, which are Taxi, Gas, and Milk. Later, Arthur almost walks off of the street curb, causing D.W. to tell him to watch out; at this point, she has noticed another sign that says, "Don't Walk", warning people that they could get hit by cars. At the park, Arthur sees a police car and asks D.W. what it says by calling her, "Miss Smarty Pants". Then D.W. reads, "Police", and tells her brother to get off of the grass in warning of the police. After that, D.W. reads, "Bank", and shakes her purse, which is her own bank that hides all of her money in it, so other people won't find it. At this point, "Bank" makes eight words. Almost back home, Arthur and D.W. stop at the ice cream store, Pal gets tangled up with his leash onto a tree, and D.W. tells Arthur to hold his horses (because he thought D.W. had only read eight words) and spies "Ice Cream" in the shop's window, making her excited about her goal of reading ten words. Then the kids run inside the shop, where Arthur buys two big cones: strawberry for D.W. and chocolate for himself. D.W. exclaims, "Yummy!", and back outside, Arthur tells her to sit down so he can read her a book. After D.W. disagrees that she wants to read it, Arthur shakes his head and tells her that there are lots of words she doesn't know. D.W. then laughs and and tells her brother to get up so she can teach him two words he doesn't know: "WET PAINT". Arthur, not having noticed that he was sitting on a newly painted bench, gets up and looks at the back of his pants, which is now covered in white paint, making him embarrassed.
Arthur's Reading Race gamesEdit
- Let Me Write
- I Spy
- Ice Cream Race
Words in the Pages Edit
- This is the first Living Book to include mini-games integrated into the story itself.
- This Living Book has a feature with some of the text -- on text that is high-lighted blue, clicking it reveals a picture of the word.
- The Treasure Hunt mini-game in Arthur's Computer Adventure is a remade version of the Race Game.
- This is the last Living Books Game to have the Living Books Samplers integrated in the Product and "A Random House/Broderbund Company Ltd" by-line. Not long after that, the sampler wasn't integrated in any more Living Books games.
- For some reason, in this game, the title card for the demo of "Harry & the Haunted House" would crash the Living Books Sampler (under Windows/Macintosh). In order to correct this, you'll have to copy all the game's files to your desktop, and take the title card of the Harry demo from these four games like Living Books Sampler 3, Stellaluna, Green Eggs and Ham, or The Berenstain Bears in the Dark games and replace the one in files for Arthur's Reading Race.
- The 1999 Version has a demo called "Orly's Draw-A-Story".
Quotes To Arthurs Reading Race Is Not Supported To Wiki Fandom Powered Of Wikipedia. Please Try Again Later