Arthur's Computer Adventure is the number seventeenth Living Books PC CD-Rom Game from 1998 based on the 1997 Arthur's Computer Disaster book by Marc Brown and the CD Rom Game was released in 1998.
|Arthur's Computer Adventure|
Living Books CD Rom (1998)
Arthur, Mom, D.W., Buster, The Brain, Dad
Arthur is excited about a brand new computer game called "Deep Dark Sea." Specifically, the goal of the game is to find "the thing," which if done, he'll win the game. Eager to do this, he spends all the time he can, but doesn't actually make it before bedtime in which he saves the game on his bedtime. The next morning, Arthur invites Buster over, but can't use the computer since Mrs. Read is working on it. She tells them to not use it after taking a trip to her office, but they're both too anxious and choose to play the game anyway. When they come across a treasure chest, and find out it's the "thing" they were looking for, they get excited by jumping for the computer fighting over the mouse, and accidentally knocking the keyboard off the desk, causing the screen to go blank. Since turning the computer off and on again didn't solve the problem, they run through the manuals looking for a solution, and then decide to look for the Brain thinking he will know the solution. After searching for a long time, they finally see him at the pond, but he turns out to be no help either (he can't find the problem). And then, as a final resort they go to the computer store asking for a solution to fix it. He explains his problem to the computer expert but the computer expert says that the fees for fixing are too high in which Arthur then says that it would be more birthday money than he ever would see in his whole life. Mrs. Read comes home before they can fix it as a result, and Arthur is too nervous to talk to her. He desperately tries to keep her away from the computer, but Arthur is eventually forced to admit his mistake. Arthur says he thought she would be mad. But Mrs. Read says she is disappointed but not mad. Arthur asks if he is going to get punished and Mrs. Read says "Of course. You did something you weren't supposed to do", causing D.W. to tell Mrs. Read to make the punishment "really good". Mrs. Read tells him he's being grounded from the computer for the entire week, but instead of getting back to her work, she decides to try the game out. When Arthur and D.W. are already for bed, she decided to play Arthur's Game: Deep Dark Sea.
- Arthur Read
- D.W. Read
- Buster Baxter
- Alan "The Brain" Powers
- Jane (Mom) Read
- David (Dad) Read
- Mice (running gag)
Arthur's Computer Adventure gamesEdit
- Deep Dark Sea
- Treasure Hunt
- D.W.'s Store
- Arthur's Computer Adventure known as "Arthur's Computer Disaster" is Released in 2000 before the Little Critter's Just Me and My Dad PC CD-Rom Game was released in 2000.
- In the Options Menu screen, It has the activities and the credits and it doesn't really have the Living Books Sampler. The sampler is included on the disc, but it's separate from the program.
- The Treasure Hunt mini-game is a remade version of the racing game in Arthur's Reading Race.
- Like Ruff's Bone, Green Eggs and Ham, and D.W. the Picky Eater this game's credits screen is completely original and uses music from the Deep Dark Sea mini-game.
- This game also comes in a game called Deep Dark Sea and is the only other Living Book (along with The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight) to include such a thing.
- This was the sixteenth Living Books game to have the "Read to Me" mode.